Repair Significant Damage with Full Mouth Reconstruction
Full mouth reconstruction combines several restorative procedures into one comprehensive treatment plan to dramatically improve your oral health. Dr. David J. Poiman has experience with virtually all areas of restorative dentistry and can create an individualized treatment plan to address your dental needs and aesthetic goals. At NY Center for Esthetic and Laser Dentistry in Manhattan, our office is equipped with the latest technology to make your treatment efficient and more comfortable. Incorporating multiple procedures such as dental crowns, veneers, and dental implants into one treatment can help to save you time and money.
Dr. Poiman can often combine multiple procedures into one visit, saving you time and money.
Is Full Mouth Reconstruction the Right Option for You?
Full mouth reconstruction may be appropriate if you have sustained pronounced damage to your smile. In particular, this treatment can be an effective way to correct:
- Missing teeth
- Dental decay
- Enamel erosion
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Dental misalignment
- Improper bite
Often, such problems occur because of gum disease. If you are suffering from this condition, Dr. Poiman will first provide appropriate periodontal treatment before restoring your teeth. We can perform scaling and root planing using advanced laser technology and LANAP® (laser-assisted new attachment procedure) to remove infected soft tissue.
Your Customized Treatment
During your consultation, Dr. Poiman will evaluate your oral health to determine which procedures to include in your full mouth reconstruction. Your unique treatment may include:
- Dental crowns:
- By encasing your natural tooth, crowns can strengthen and repair severe dental damage. We can use our advanced CEREC® system to create same-day crowns from solid porcelain. This material is as durable as it is realistic.
- Dental implants:
- Implants are designed to mimic tooth roots and can support a crown, bridge, or denture. Dr. Poiman can perform all stages of implant dentistry, from surgery to the placement of your restoration.
- Porcelain veneers:
- Porcelain veneers are considered an esthetic treatment, as they are used to conceal surface blemishes such as chips or cracks. These restorations can enhance teeth with minor structural damage.
- Tooth removal:
- If you have sustained severe dental decay, or if you have a large crack in your tooth, removal may be necessary. However, Dr. Poiman will do everything in his power to repair your tooth and save it from extraction.
- Root canal therapy:
- If you are suffering from a dental infection, Dr. Poiman may include a root canal in your reconstruction. During endodontic therapy, he can remove infected tissue and place a crown to restore full form.
Before treatment, our team may take digital x-rays to view detailed images of your teeth and jawbone. In addition, our DIAGNOdent™ laser detection aid can reveal decay that would otherwise go undiagnosed. These steps will help to ensure the best results.
The Benefits of Full Mouth Reconstruction
Full mouth reconstruction can quickly and effectively restore your oral health. For your convenience, our practice can perform all necessary treatments. In addition, Dr. Poiman can often combine multiple procedures into one visit, saving you time and money. This treatment can provide you with lifelike results, helping you to feel confident in the appearance of your new, enhanced smile.
Contact Us for More Information
When you trust your smile to a highly qualified dentist such as Dr. Poiman, you can feel confident that you will receive excellent care. To begin creating your unique full mouth reconstruction plan, contact our office online or call us at (212) 371-1414.
While Dr. Poiman strives to increase his knowledge in the field of dentistry and share it with his patients, he has created a warm and friendly environment where 'going to the dentist' is simply more fun.